Soccer game

Dru Yearwood sent off in Major League soccer game after unintentionally injuring fans in the stands ▷

  • The New York Red Bulls were beaten by Philadelphia 2-0 in Major League Soccer last weekend
  • Midfielder Dru Yearwood was shown a red card after kicking a ball into the stands and injuring fans
  • Fans stopped New York Red Bulls midfielder Dru Yearwood from trying to apologize to those he hurt

Dru Yearwood was left red-faced and also shown a red card.

In the strangest of circumstances, the Major League Soccer (MLS) player was sent off in the New York Red Bulls’ last game.

Dru Yearwood was sent off during the New York Red Bulls game against Philadelphia after unintentionally injuring fans in the stadium. Image: Rich Graessle/Ira L. Black
Source: Getty Images

As reported by SportBibleYearwood was sent off for kicking the ball into the stands, injuring two fans in the process.

The incident happened in the latter part of the Red Bulls game against Philadelphia. Philadelphia won the game 2-0.

Exciting feature: Find out the news exactly for you ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block and enjoy!

Read also

Bitter Orlando Pirates fans call for VAR after controversial Maritzburg United defeat

During the match, Yearwood fouled near the touchline. Frustrated with the decision, he kicked the ball into the crowd, hurting fans in the process. Yearwood then climbed into the stands to apologize to those injured, but was turned away from a nearby fan.

Yearwood has since released a statement apologizing to fans who were injured in the incident.

“My emotions got the better of me that day, and I let down the entire organization and every New York Red Bulls fan. I hope the fans are okay and they can forgive me,” did he declare.

His club, the New York Red Bulls, added that Yearwood was incredibly remorseful but confirmed they would take steps to ensure it did not happen again in the future.

Ecuadorian referee hit by coach after late and controversial penalty

A referee in the Ecuadorian LigaPro game between Macara and Aucas was assaulted after Saturday’s game, viral videos on social media have shown.

Read also

Benni McCarthy the subject of praise after Manchester United’s resurgence under Erik Ten Hag

Referee Alex Cajas suffered the day after he awarded an 88th-minute penalty to Aucas following a VAR review where he consulted a pitchside monitor.

After making his decision to award the penalty, Macara goalkeeping coach Hector Lautaro Chiriboga followed the match official on his way back to the pitch.