Which Nike soccer balls are the best?
When it comes to sports products, it’s hard to beat the range and quality that Nike offers. Their soccer balls are no different. Nike soccer balls come in all possible sizes and colors with countless variations and prices ranging from super cheap to display only.
One of the best Nike soccer balls is the Nike Premier League Strike Ball. This Nike soccer ball is designed to improve your game and the Premier League logo on the side is a good motivation for success.
What to know before buying a Nike soccer ball
Nike soccer ball size
Most Nike soccer balls come in five sizes with 1 being the smallest and 5 being the largest, although some exceptions are also available.
- Size 1: Size 1 soccer balls are typically used to hone specific skills, although they are also used by children under the age of 4. They are usually 18 to 20 inches in circumference.
- Size 2: A ball larger than size 1, but still intended for skill development or children under 4 years old. They are generally 21 to 22 inches in circumference.
- Size 3: Size 3 balls are still too small for regulation play, typically used by children 8 and under. They are generally 23 to 24 inches in circumference.
- Size 4: Size 4 balls are also known as youth balls because of their intended use for children ages 8 to 12. They are usually 25 to 26 inches in circumference.
- Size 5: A regulation size soccer ball. They usually have a circumference of 27 to 28 inches.
What to look for in a quality Nike soccer ball
Nike soccer ball construction
A soccer ball is made up of two parts, the cover (outside) and the bladder (inside).
- Blanket: Soccer balls typically use one of three materials for their covers. Polyurethane (PU) is common due to its softness and high degree of control. Polyvinyl carbonate (PVC) is a more durable alternative but offers less control. Sometimes a mixture of the two is used. Synthetic leather is the last option with high quality feel and control.
- Bladder: Bladders for soccer balls are usually made of latex or butyl rubber. The latex provides a higher ball feel but also increases the re-inflation rate. Butyl rubber retains air much longer, but makes the ball harder.
How much you can expect to spend on a Nike soccer ball
Nike soccer balls cost a bit more on average than most soccer balls because of their generally higher quality. A Nike soccer ball typically starts around $ 20 and can cost up to $ 100, although most typically cost between $ 25 and $ 50.
Nike football faqs
Does the color of a Nike soccer ball matter?
A. Yes and no. For almost all non-professional soccer players, the color, logo, design or pattern etc. have no effect on their performance or overall game play. Some players – and especially professional players – may use patterns and colors to read the rotation of a soccer ball in flight. In effect, it gives the skillful player information on where the ball is going to go that he otherwise would not have had.
How often does a Nike soccer ball need to be re-inflated?
A. Many Nike soccer balls use bladders which have tiny natural pores, which allow air to escape from the ball over time with more intensive use resulting in faster air loss. Some Nike footballs may need to be re-inflated up to once a day if they are overused. If you need to re-inflate a Nike soccer ball in the middle of a practice or game, you probably have a flat tire somewhere.
What are the best Nike soccer balls to buy?
Best Nike soccer ball
Nike Premier League Punching Ball CQ7150-103
What would you like to know: This Nike soccer ball uses a special paint job to help the player visualize where their foot will hit the ball.
What you will love: This Nike soccer ball uses molded lever-action grooves, which can help keep the ball stable in the air. A rubber bladder provides better shape retention and better air pressure. The Premier League logo engraved on the ball is a powerful motivator for players of all ages.
What you should consider: Several users reported receiving a version of this Nike soccer ball that continuously leaked through the inflation valve, but were able to return those units for a ball that held air better.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon and Dick’s Sporting Goods
Best Nike soccer ball for the money
Nike Pitch Team Soccer Ball
What would you like to know: Still, this inexpensive Nike soccer ball is a great option for its price.
What you will love: This Nike soccer ball is available in three sizes (3-5) and three colors: classic white / black, electric green / black and orange / black. The construction is strong enough to last for years. This Nike soccer ball is easy to inflate and maintains its air pressure well throughout use.
What you should consider: This Nike soccer ball is not fully inflated, but only partially inflated. You will need to have your own air pump or purchase an additional one.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Nike Pitch Training Football – Pink Blast Black
What would you like to know: This shiny Nike soccer ball is a great choice for young children and older youth players.
What you will love: The smaller size options, sizes 3 and 4 (size 4 is listed as size 000 on Amazon), are great for players under the age of 12 and the ultra-size 7.5 is great for those under the age of 12. family fun in the backyard.
What you should consider: This Nike soccer ball is not available in standard regulation size and is only partially inflated. Some players may not like the pink and black coloring.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Register here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful advice on new products and great deals.
Jordan woika written for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2021 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.