Happy Friday neighbours! Here’s everything you need to know to start the day off right. Here’s everything you need to know today in patchogue.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A lot of sun. High: 46, low: 44.
Here are today’s top 5 stories in Patchogue:
- Village of Patchogue announces the return of the “Alive After Five” Festival for the summer of 2022. The time and dates are yet to be set, but officials have confirmed the popular festival will return to Main Street this year with live music, food and craft beer. (News 12)
- The Community Development Agency of the Village of Patchogue held its annual public hearing on Thursday February 3rd. Councilor Lizbeth Carrillo made suggestions on building a soccer field somewhere in the village based on requests from some residents. The council considered the idea, suggesting the project be built behind the Parks and Recreation building at 380 Bay Ave. (LIAdvance)
- Be frosty for a reason with the Patchogue Plunge 2022. The dip will take place on Super Bowl Sunday and will benefit the Gabby Petito Foundation. The dive will take place at Sandpit Marina at 10 a.m. A print will be available on the site. (Dive2022)
- Bellport’s wrestling team is the big winner of the League IV tournament. The championship was held at Hauppauge and three champions from Bellport sang. This victory makes the Bellport team a fourth consecutive winner. (Advance LI)
- News nearby: A trainee prison guard from Coram has been arrested after pretending to be a cop and arresting women in Nesconset and Ronkonkoma. David Olivari has been charged with criminal impersonation, theft, unlawful imprisonment and unauthorized use of a computer. The women he arrested said he took their phones and demanded they show him nude photos of themselves. (Newspaper/Subscription required)
Today’s Daily Patchogue is brought to you in part by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change your life and that of your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Patchogue!
- “Suffolk County Police have arrested a Brentwood man on drug and weapons charges after police say he sold the highly addictive opioid fentanyl to Islandia earlier this week. Leury Rodriguez, 27, of Wilcox Lane, ‘conducted drug trafficking’ in the hamlet on Monday and was found in possession of more than a quarter of a kilogram of fentanyl, Suffolk County Police said in a statement release on Wednesday.” (Newsday/Subscription Required )
- Nextdoor neighbor, Upper East Patchogue: “If anyone is looking for this sweet cat, he/she (I don’t know their pronouns) has been hanging around my house for about a week. Very sweet and friendly but drives my indoor cats crazy and sets my ring bells off.” (next door)
- Next door neighbor, Lower East Patchogue: “Spinal cord implant allows paraplegics to walk again, say scientists.” (next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Yoga with Anne at Tranquility Within. (February 14th)
- 4th Annual Cultural Empowerment Event at Atlantic Avenue, Bellport. (February 19)
- Add your event
Do you like Patchogue Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Friday on the right foot! I will see you soon.
— Debora WhiteHead